HONG KONG ECONOMIC AND TRADE OFFICE, BERLIN
The Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (HKETO), Berlin is the official representative of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government in commercial relations and other economic and trade matters in Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia and Switzerland. Its mission is to foster closer economic and trade ties between Hong Kong and these eight countries. Applications are now invited for the following position based in Berlin:
Administrative Assistant (Personnel and Accounts) (m/f)
The starting salary is EUR 2,931 per month commensurate with relevant working experience
Qualification: A diploma
Experience: 3 year relevant working experience
Language: proficient in English and German (both written and spoken with level Grade C2 or above); knowledge in Chinese is an asset.
Computer skills: good command of computer skills; knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint is essential
Attributes: highly numerate with good attention to detail and the ability to pro-actively check work; excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines; a good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to work well under pressure, be diplomatic and respond positively to change; proactive approach to problem-solving
Others: eligible to live and undertake employment in Germany
Duties: The Administrative Assistant (Personnel and Accounts) will be responsible for performing personnel, accounting and financial related duties, including –
• Calculating leave and allowances, and maintaining all personnel related records including those relating to appointment, training, employment, staff appraisal, leave and overtime work;
• Settling payment of invoices, and arranging payment of salary, allowances, social security contributions and contribution to insurance schemes, etc;
• Controlling and settling payment of claims for staff expenses;
• Controlling imprest and preparing for monthly reconciliation for vetting;
• Maintaining up-to-date ledgers on payments and expenditure under appropriate heads and categories;• Handling and reporting revenue;
• Maintaining all finance related records, and undertaking other accounts and finance related tasks as and when required;
• Handling VAT reimbursement matters of the office and eligible officers.
• Assisting in clarification of the necessary procedures on VAT matters.
• Maintaining up-to date ledgers on VAT.
• Liaising directly with outside parties (e.g. payroll accountant, bank) in clarification on matters in relation to payroll, invoices payment and office account.
• Handling verbal and written enquiries from internal officers and outside parties on finance and account matters.
The selected candidate will be appointed on contract term for a period of 2 years (including a probation of 6 months), with the possibility of long-term employment upon satisfactory performance during the first 2 years.
How to apply:
Applications by post or email, in the form of a covering letter with full curriculum vitae and expected salary in English, should reach the following address by 5:30p.m. (Berlin time) on 7 January 2018 (Sun). Short-listed candidates would be invited for interview in Jan-Feb 2018. The successful candidate is expected to assume duties by March 2018. Applicants not receiving notification by March 2018 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
By post: Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, Berlin(Attn: Head, Administration)
The Government of the Hong Kong
Special Administrative Region
Jaegerstrasse 33, 10117 Berlin, Germany
By email: email@example.com Please visit www.hketoberlin.gov.hk for more information.